suganya
suganya
26 December,2017, in PTE

Usually I use speech notes while practicing speaking module most of the words are captured wrongly in it Pls suggest your valuable points, which helps me in increasing my speaking score

Comments

Maulik Vyas
Maulik Vyas
26 December,2017

Hello,

The software in PTE should understand what you speak, and that is very important. SpeechNotes is good as it helps you check whether or not you pronounce words correctly. The speech-to-text software identifies the words you speak and then automatically types it on the box. 

If you observe that most of the words you speak are incorrectly taken and typed, it is the time to improve your pronunciation. But how do you do that? Well, it's simple!

Note down the words that are incorrectly typed on the software. Now, check the pronunciations of those words in any standard dictionary (for example, OALD). Type down the word and check the entry of it. Right down under the word, they give two pronunciations - NAmE (North American English) and BrE (British English). Hear the pronunciation carefully and then practice it over and over again. 

This is the simplest way to learn the actual pronunciations of the words in concern. Other techniques include: listening to the talks of native speakers (along with the subtitles), and learn intonation and phonetics online.